CC-003 - 4x4x4 Challenge October 2021

Like a phoenix, it will always rise again.
Sirocco
Site Admin

CC-003 - 4x4x4 Challenge October 2021

Post by Sirocco »

THE HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE STARTS NOW

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to use the emoji generator to make a micro-game based off of 4 randomly generated emoji. As this is the Halloween edition, your final emoji must involve that theme. The site will handle that for you.

RULES

1. GO HERE.
SELECT "Halloween 4x4x4" from the dropdown
Generate 4 emoji until something makes sense. The goal is to get weird so don't just sit there and reroll until you can make Mario.

2. Make a micro-game using the 4 emoji as your theme.

3. All targets are allowed. All libraries/engines are allowed. Get out there and get shit done.

4. Reusing code and assets is highly encouraged. Build on your successes and make your life easier.

5. Challenge ends in one month. So October 31st for teh slow.

EXAMPLE:

With this, I might make a dating sim minigame where I have to text a dragon funny messages until it loves me. Or else I get cooked by its fiery breath. Or I might make a one-screen shooter where I throw phones at a dragon to collect hearts, while avoiding fire blasts.
Sirocco
Site Admin

Re: CC-003 - 4x4x4 Challenge October 2021

Post by Sirocco »

Got my roll. Going to make an entry with vampires trying to sail without any water. Should be interesting :]
Sirocco
Site Admin

Post by Sirocco »

My compo entry is ready to go. Playable windows binary. Source is available if anyone wants to mess around with it.

CC-003 Vampirates of the Scaribbean

Image Image
Sirocco
Site Admin

Post by Sirocco »

Syn9 slid in during the final inning with a slick Mahjong Solitaire entry.

Theme: :skull_crossbones: :bat: :game_die: :shinto_shrine:
Download (Windows binary)
Syn9 @ Github (also available as Rust download)
Home Site

Image Image
Sirocco
Site Admin

Post by Sirocco »

So, October worked out well since we could change things up a little and force a Halloween theme, but it ended up being pretty bad for everyone due to a combination of year-end Real Life Stuff, and a slew of major game releases at the same time.

So I'm on the fence for timing. I'm close to advertising the compo, and hopefully getting a few more people involved, but I still want to get a few more rounds in to work out the kinks. And as I've mentioned in the Discord channel, the point isn't to make this a "big thing" but I would like to see a dozen or so entries. We'll get there.