The good independent movie thread and whatnot

Like a phoenix, it will always rise again.
BadMrBox

The good independent movie thread and whatnot

Post by BadMrBox »

A mad max fanfilm
deleter

Re: The good independent movie thread and whatnot

Post by deleter »

If you're into SCP / weird anomaly horror-style content, there's some good fan-made stuff out there. These are all about at that level, very low budget, but all had something to me that made them stick with me.

Four part series "There is no antimemetics division" - more cerebral / thinking horror. Fun to play around with entities that don't want to be known and become "information black holes". Some really good casting in this one, also some good craft shown in rendering abstract concepts into film. First episode -

More on the military/action side of things, a small squad investigates a cult, things don't go as planned -

In this one the SCP is almost secondary to the film, which is a lot more of an emotional rollercoaster about an (ex?)couple dealing with the death of one of their family members -
deleter

Post by deleter »

There's a lot of stuff to go through on Dust. I find sometimes it surprises me, other times it just feels like trite content. I'll share ones as I find them, and try to add some context to see if it's something that might resonate with you.

This one does a few things really well, weaving together a couple of timelines, and a meta-narrative that keeps you curious until it all culminates in a tear-jerking conclusion. It may not hit for everyone, but I thought it managed to pack in a lot of character development and emotional engagement in a very short span.

BadMrBox

Post by BadMrBox »

This is an old one but good. Punisher Dirty laundry

BadMrBox

Post by BadMrBox »

and here's a gambit and rogue fan film
BadMrBox

Post by BadMrBox »

Just found and watched this fan movie. It's a weird one. It's Wolverine but he's a viking. The action scenes are good and gory.
BadMrBox

Post by BadMrBox »

BadMrBox

Post by BadMrBox »