Cool looking games

Like a phoenix, it will always rise again.
BadMrBox

Re: Cool looking games

Post by BadMrBox »

This game looks seriously cool. The camera at the end is quite a wtf moment for me.
Sirocco
Site Admin

Post by Sirocco »

Oh shit. I'm guessing it's reading the depth buffer (and maybe some other things) and pasting that into the existing geometry (which might be why the picture is monochrome). That's a pretty neat-o trick.
xegnma

Post by xegnma »

Looks like Metal Slug Tactics will be released sometime in the fall. Looking forward to it!

Sirocco
Site Admin

Post by Sirocco »

xegnma wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:44 am Looks like Metal Slug Tactics will be released sometime in the fall. Looking forward to it!

I want to believe this is going to be great.
Have you tried Unicorn Overlord yet?
xegnma

Post by xegnma »

Sirocco wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:51 am Have you tried Unicorn Overlord yet?
I'm aware of it and I've seen a few gameplay videos. But for some reason it's not grabbing my interest. I'll probably check it out at some point regardless.
xegnma

Post by xegnma »

I'm a big fan of Kurzgesagt (it's a science education channel). The way they convey information and breakdown topics is truly impressive. But for me the most distinctive thing about the channel is its vector-art based visuals and animations. I've often found myself wondering what a game using their art style would play like...

Now I no longer need to imagine it! Kurzgesagt has a game in the works - Star Birds!

Sirocco
Site Admin

Post by Sirocco »

So UO is very much Ogre Battle on mega steroids, with a large overworld to explore. If you don't like the core gameplay loop from Ogre Battle, this is not likely to tickle your fancy. Star Birds has a nice art style; crisp, deliciously flat and 3D at the same time. Makes me want another Mario Galaxy game...

Also, a new Metal Slug Tactics video with a bunch of actual gameplay was released.