Revision 2021 Recap

Like a phoenix, it will always rise again.
Sirocco
Site Admin

Revision 2021 Recap

Post by Sirocco »

First off, this year was absolutely fucking bonkers. Great showing, great demos. Great everything except for the part where Twitch shit the bed and dropped the ban hammer on them mid-stream for absolutely nothing. So go here and get a list of prods.

Gonna break out the top three entries by category. Or less, if youtube isn't up yet.

Amiga Demo

Amiga Intro

Oldskool demo

Oldskool intro

PC Demo (There were 19 entries. 19. Fuck me)

PC 64k

PC 8K

PC4K

PC 256 bytes

PC WILD
Sonrisu

Re: Revision 2021 Recap

Post by Sonrisu »

This stuff is so cool; seems like magic to me. Wouldn't even know where to get started if I wanted to do this myself... :]
Sirocco
Site Admin

Post by Sirocco »

I just started by making scrollies, and thought about being a little more ambitious each time.

The cool thing about the retro-comp scene, is that you can't hide your work. Because everyone programs in ASM (more or less) anyone can decompile your program and see what's going on with a little effort. Obviously they won't have documentation, but that's not a huge deal. You can learn a lot from watching other demos and thinking about how they accomplished their effects.
PoV

Post by PoV »

Hehe, I caught the Amiga live, I got a good laugh from Truck losing his shit over Melon making an appearance. I'd never heard of them, but clearly they did something memorable in the past. :lol:

EDIT: MY GOSH. I love Conspiracy's 64k.
Mike Kasprzak — BirdsTubesPopular thingVery serious company
deleter

Post by deleter »

Going to take my time getting through these. The 256 byte ones always blow my mind...
Sirocco
Site Admin

Post by Sirocco »

PoV wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:57 am Hehe, I caught the Amiga live, I got a good laugh from Truck losing his shit over Melon making an appearance. I'd never heard of them, but clearly they did something memorable in the past. :lol:

EDIT: MY GOSH. I love Conspiracy's 64k.
That's one of my favs as well. Very slick.